Looking for the right auto repair shop can be time consuming. It usually means having to browse local directories and reading a lot of reviews. While you might be tempted to put this off for another day, it’s best to find a good repair shop now before a car emergency happens.
1. Look for a reputable auto repair shop before you need one. If your car suddenly breaks down, your only goal would be to get it fixed. While many are lucky in finding repair shops that offer great service in this situation, some are not as lucky. To ensure that the latter doesn’t happen to you, don’t look for an auto repair shop when you’re in a rush to get something repaired.
2. Do some research online. This will give you an idea about auto repair shops you aren’t familiar with. You’d get to see services offered and some testimonials from customers. The latter is one of the most important things to look for because they’d give you an insight on what kind of service you can expect from the establishment. Facebook, Yelp, or Google reviews can help you make the right decision.
3. Visit the shop. If you have time to visit the shop of your choice, please do so. Taking a look around will give you a general feel of the establishment. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence even goes as far as suggesting that you should start observing the place right at the parking lot. Other vehicles parked there should be of similar or higher value to yours.
4. If you don’t feel like doing some research or going from shop to shop to see which auto repair facility should get your business, you can always ask for recommendations. Asking friends or family would be helpful.
5. Find out if the shop works on your vehicle. While most shops work on all types of vehicles, some are more competent when it comes to certain brands.
6. Look for technical competence. Are they ASE certified? Do they have advanced coursework? These are the things customers also need to look for.
7. Compare rates but do not let prices dictate which shop you should go to. It is always a good idea to take a look at labor rates, testing and diagnostic work fees, and guarantees so you can find out which shop offers the best service for prices you can afford.
8. The staff must be polite and helpful and they should be able to answer your questions thoroughly.
9. Go to the best shop in your area. If you have an auto repair shop near your home, it might be a good idea to check it out but the proximity shouldn’t dictate your final decision on the matter. Other considerations such as rates and quality of service should be kept in mind.
10. Once you have found the right shop, you can pay the shop a visit (refer to #3) and if you can, have them do a minor job. If the service is good, you can go to them again in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your automotive repair needs. Our friendly customer service personnel would be happy to assist you.